Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Non-profit Sector or West Coast

I work at an office and receive many work related emails each day. And since I've moved out here I've noticed that there is over use of explanation points, smiley faces, and other sort of teen typing moves. I have a very difficult time taking any of these emails seriously. People just didn't use these sort of expressions when I worked at Carroll & Scribner PC.

Below is an email I received from a woman who administers a $3 million grant in five targets around the state of Oregon. Are you kidding?

Good Morning Target Area Leads-

TOMORROW (Wednesday, January 23) is the first CORE Conference call of 2008!!! It is scheduled for our regular time of 1pm- 3pm. Attached are the minutes from the last conference call in December. J Below you will find the conference call agenda and the call in information.

Please contact Katie at the RDI office if you have any questions. J Looking forward to talking to you tomorrow!

**Sorry this is not as dramatic as it was in my inbox. For every random J that is a smiley face.

No comments: