Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day of MBA School

Yep. So today I finished my first day of MBA School. It went really well- we met in the afternoon, had a few welcoming talks, took a Meyers-Briggs test, were photographed, were given passwords and new email accounts and fancy name tags and a leather folder that has a zipper around the edge and don't know what it is called although Erin K. definitely wood. All business.

Some things:
  1. It is amazing how interested the Dean and support staff are in our success. It is so extreme and genuine that I would describe it as parental.
  2. The ratio of men to women is surprising. I mean I know it is business but really. I keep thinking of all of the "women and minorities encouraged to apply" on just about every application I turn in. Here it is mostly men. Young men. Apparently, most community development jobs attract women whereas MBA school attracts men.
And I am super excited to get it on. Yeahhh.

2 comments:

Erin said...

dossier - a file containing detailed records on a particular person or subject, in this case its a xtra fancy one.

Julia B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.