Friday, January 09, 2009

Yellow Dog

So, yesterday the yellow dog was hit by a car. He left the back yard (I left the gate a bit open and he escaped) and was sniffing around the neighborhood. I was in the shower and then realized that he was gone. I went to the front porch and called him. He came tearing across the street. And was nailed by a mini-van. He continued on and came into the house and went up to his bed. The driver of the mini-van pulled over and apologized and gave me his number to call about the bill. And the mini-van was dented.

So, I took Diesel to the Vet ER. His body was fine. He did have some black grease on his shoulder and haunches where he was hit. He was also smelling nasty. The folks at the hospital said he was in the best condition of any dog that had been hit by a car. And the smell was his anal glands which he expelled. This happens in moments of terrible stress. He was fine, all his vitals were normal. He was prescribed some animal grade IB profin. And I have to watch him and make sure nothing changes. The bill was $120.

So, I called the buy who hit him. I thanked him for stopping and caring. I told him about the pricetag and he said he would stop by. Umm. Anyway, he did stop by. And gave me $50 towards the bill.

I am impressed with people. And my dog. I always think about Diesel v _____. Racoon, cat, bone... whatever. And I always have the oposition winning. But I found out that is not true with Diesel v mini-van. Diesel took it home. I hope he will stop being dumb. Or I will stop being dumb. The whole thing was super scary.

In other news, today I went to Blockbuster to rent a movie. Tired of school and public library films. And when I went up to pay. The lady asked for my member number. I didn't have one. And she was like have you ever had an account. I was like no. She was shocked. So, apparently I am a late bloomer in the Blockbuster world. By the way, there is nothing special about Blockbuster and I cannot believe how many copies of each movie they have on the shelf. This is what makes it different from local, independent stores, no?

1 comment:

kristina said...

the minivan guy should have paid half. then it would be 50-50 liability. as it is, he's saying your dog was 60% at fault. that ain't right. but i'm glad the dog is ok.