Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2k9 To Do List

Umm. Well its that time of year again. A time to reflect and make New Year Resolutions. I don't really like the idea of huge changes when the year changes. And it makes sense the older I get and the shorter the years feel. Anyway, here is my to-do list for 2009. Organized by category and in no particular order. And please note I made this list on my journey in Nicaragua.

Education
  • expand spanish vocabulary, improve spanish accent
  • design, run, present Tanzania Community Asset Mapping Project
  • apply, be accepted, begin mba school
  • keep perspective on school, value the passing time
  • at least one day a week = no school
Recreation
  • fish rivers in and around Eugene
  • go on fishing trip with George Collins
  • camp on Steens Mountain
  • Ski. Ski. Ski. 5 days lift serve, 3 days backcountry (weak compared to 31 days last season)
Yellow Dog (At breakfast club this morning I was accused that all Diesel related tasks were actually things I want to do myself but cannot verbalize it. You decide.)
  • help yellow dog drop 10 lbs
  • train yellow dog
Personal Development
  • go to dentist
  • get health insurance
  • start therapy
  • sit down while eating at least 80% of the time
  • fix computer, fix car
  • run .5 marathon, seriously, i've bailed 2 times now. I am fucking serious.

Yeah. That is it for 2009. Some specific, some general. A good to do list. And I am also working on being patient, understanding, less mean, more responsible, kinder, understanding, and forgiving.

Huge year kids, huge year. Happy 2009.

I still cannot believe Barack Obama is president. I never thought I would see this day and I just read something he wrote and was, again, brought to tears. Keep up the good fight.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Something he wrote that I sent you? I still miss you, Erin.